Israeli ISP blocking outgoing SMTP

Oren Held oren at held.org.il
Tue Apr 7 21:00:25 IDT 2009

On Tuesday 07 April 2009 20:46:40 Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > For the last few days, an ISP who shall remain nameless (but who's
> > name in octal is equal to 11) has decided to block outgoing SMTP
> > connections to servers abroad.
>
> Stop playing games, who is the ISP?
Barak 013. Octal 11 == Decimal 13 :)

Their sudden firewall change also stopped the mail activity for a non-profit
organization I'm volunteering at, for a whole day. This is not the way they
should've done this, I bet hundreds of customers have suffered (or still
suffer) from this, wasting hours in analyzing the problem.

 - Oren