[SUCCESS] Re: IrDA dongle ceased to work when I upgraded to Debian Lenny

Omer Zak w1 at zak.co.il
Tue Apr 14 02:51:53 IDT 2009

Thanks, Hetz, for the pointer.

>From reading it, I found that I should check for the ir_usb module, and
indeed it was loaded.
I did 'rmmod ir_usb' and then '/etc/init.d/irda-utils restart' and then
voila 'ircp -r' worked and I could at last transfer files from my
cellphone to the PC!

My /etc/modules.conf includes the line 'alias ir-usb null' - apparently
this is not enough to turn off ir_usb (and I don't find ir_usb
in /lib/modules, although ir-usb.ko exists).

So my immediate problem was solved, but a puzzle remains.

--- Omer

--
Delay is the deadliest form of denial.    C. Northcote Parkinson

I may be affiliated in any way.