: ot: isps

Geoffrey Mendelson geoffreymendelson at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 15:23:26 IDT 2009

2009/4/21 Erez D <erez0001 at gmail.com>:
> hi
>
> i want a new Internet connection for my home.
>
> first i thought of trying the cellular companies. any experience with them ?
> are they good ?

Going back to your original question, Orange has a 5g a month limit,
which IMHO is worthless. I don't think they have an "all you can eat"
plan, but would love to hear if they do. They do have a better WIRED
plan if you buy their router and a voice VoIP line. It goes on to
your existing aDSL line or a cable modem. For 2.5m download (upload
not specified) it's 139 NIS a month, including 20 NIS to your credit
card company for the router (800 NIS charged to it in 36 payments) and
600 minutes a month VoIP to all Israeli phones including all three
cellular companies.

Cell-Com has a 130 NIS a month plan including a similar priced
USB/Cardbus modem,
no voice, just unlimited data, but it is is supposed to be for a mobile device.

I think they both have a 12 month commitment for the service, but you
own the modem
or router and continue to pay your bank until it is paid off. (36 months)

Note that neither network has 100% data coverage over Israel, and you
could easily be in
a "blind spot" or totally out of reach of their networks.

Personally I would never ever do business with Pelephone due to their
way of resolving
customer complaints even of their own making. (sue first, don't bother
to ask questions).

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson N3OWJ/4X1GM