Backup encryption key

Diego Iastrubni elcuco at kde.org
Fri Apr 24 12:18:46 IDT 2009

On Friday 24 April 2009 09:34:40 you wrote:
> P.s.
> Blowfish? In this day and age?

Twofish, I stand corrected. Their specks are very confusing:

 * They claim that the transport is based on https
 * They claim that the encryption key is stored on my computer, but i see no
documentation on the location.
 * I don't know how the encryption key is made, my guess is that the input is
the password used, I might be wrong.
 * I know that that the tech support can see the encrypted password of each
user (john to the rescue!), and can see the list of files. I am not sure
about the content.

I guess that they are not as transparent as Lingnu, and their technology is
great, but the docs sux. I brought Lingu's service to the debate, since it
offers much more then just a secured layer. I assume that readers of this
thread are more interested about the service provided by some companies, and
not just the technical details.