Fwd: Backup encryption key

nir grinberg nir at grinberg.org
Fri Apr 24 16:39:31 IDT 2009

1. I use external drive
2. Using TrueCrypt I mount the external drive, encrypt its content and
password-protected it.
3. I backup all my data to this drive.
4. Data is encrypted, password protected and on un-recognized drive.

Once the drive is connected to a PC, you need to re-mount it using
TrueCrypt.  To mount the drive you will be requested the password.  if
you try to open the disk without mounting it first, it is show as
un-formatted drive.

Nice add-on, i initially partitioned the disk and left the
TrueCrypt.exe in it.  I can come to any computer, connect the drive
via its USB, run the application and get the data (password etc).

being using it for a while, works good.

nir

--
Regards,