ssh from 012 cable to server in US fail

sara fink sara.fink at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 13:30:58 IDT 2009

Please follow these steps:

1. I will highly suggest to launch wireshark when you try to ssh. If you see
a RST, I won't be surprised at all.  You may see a RST that comes from your
ip. Don't be surprised.

2.  You must understand the following thing: they have clients rank A and
clients rank D. from the farm it is possible to ssh (client rank A). from
work/home directly you are client rank D. Take in consideration that you ssh
to usa. you waste their bandwidth.

3. try to ssh to the usa server from other server that doesn't use 012.

4. try to ssh to a server in israel and compare.

5. Try to run the following command tcptraceroute -v <the ip you want> 22
and see where it gets stuck (timing).

6. I smell a Deep Packet Inspection. I will be very happy to be proved
wrong.