[YBA] i4i vs MS?

Shachar Shemesh shachar at shemesh.biz
Thu Aug 13 13:14:34 IDT 2009

geoffrey mendelson wrote:

> On Aug 13, 2009, at 12:31 PM, Shachar Shemesh wrote:
>

>> And yet, we cannot seem to draft Microsoft to the anti-software
>> patents camp. Despite the fact that their loses to silly patents over
>> the years far outweight their gains from them.
>>
>> Amazing
>

> With all due respect what amazes me is that you believe that. Can you
> offer any objective proof?
Where has Microsoft's junk patents given them any money? Unless they are
using extortion (possible) to quietly threaten potential FOSS defecties
away, that is. They are not selling those, and they have never sued
anyone (well, one). It also seems that not many are taking their threats
too seriously - we did not exactly see the FOSS world grind to a halt,
after all.

If they are not making much money off their silly patents, and they are
losing, then their loses outweight their gains.

 > totally irrelevant stuff deleted.

Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh