[OT] Power over radio is it a true thing or just a myth ?

Boris shtrasman borissh1983 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 23 15:03:23 IDT 2009

Sorry for the OT ,

But i guess using systems in other ways then they had been designed is a
bug that not only i posses.

I heard a lot about wireless power transition , while I heard about
products that provide close distant power  transmitting (1) what about
using public wifi in my area ?

I met many people that  "heard" about some one that know some one that
has access to device that uses radio signal to transfer low amount of
power in short ranges.

As i googled about it i guess it can be done using rectennas but only in
close range to _High_ power radio transmitters (2)

My question is it possible to be done with small radio signal equipment
as Wi-Max and Wi-Fi ,Perhaps even with the new terrestrial transitions.

Do any one have links to this kind of devices ?

(1)

http://www.economist.com/sciencetechnology/tq/displayStory.cfm?story_id=13174387

(2)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/3336114/Over-to-you-Mythical-electricity.html