[Herzelinux] Wireless in Linux By Rami Rosen

Gilad Ben-Yossef gilad at codefidence.com
Mon Aug 24 10:28:39 IDT 2009

Hi all,

After a short summer hiatus, Herzelinux club will meet again this
Thursday to enjoy Rami Rosen lecture about the Linux wireless stack.

The lecture will delve into the following topics:

    * Short history of Linux Wireless : fullmac and softmac.

    * Wireless Modes of operation: infrastructure mode, independent mode
(IBSS), and more.
    * The Linux Wireless stack (mac80211).
    * MLME (the management layer).
    * MLME operations: scanning, association.
    * RFmon. (monitor mode) and sniffing.
    * A short survey of recent development in Linux Wireless (80211.n,
mesh networking, and more).

Slides available from:
http://tuxology.net/herzelinux/herzelinux-lectures/linux-wireless/

The next lectures in our queue are:

 * Sep 17 2009, 18:30 - The good, the bad and the ugly: threads,
processes and co-processes in multi-core environments, by Gilad Ben-Yossef

Don't see your name here? you should! contact me to volunteer to give
the next lecture.

And here is a message from our sponsor, Hi Tech College - they have
courses on some of the topics covered by the club lectures. Check them
out at http://hi-tech.co.il/college. Thees guys are sponsoring the room,
parking and coffee for free, so show them some love next time you're
looking for training.

Boilerplate template follows:

Herzel-what?
~~~~~~~~

Herzelinux is a  Linux Linux user group. It's aim is to try to bridge
the gap between professional Linux programmers working for Hi tech
companies and the Linux Open Source community and bring them into the fold.

As such the meeting topics will tend towards the advance technical stuff
which is of interest to professional programmers. The meeting takes
place in Herzelia Pituch (Maskit 27, In hi-tech College - there's a map
on the site), a short walking distance from most of Silicon Wadi
companies, to the pleasure of the lazy Hi Tech bums :-)  Other then that
it's just yet anther LUG, like Haifux and Telux, whose format we're
basically mimicking (read: most sincere form of flattery and so on...)

Needless to say, it's free, both in speech and in coffee and you are all
invited. In fact, I'd truly appreciate if you can spread the word and
invite fellow programmers working on Linux which are not alpha Linux geeks.

For more details: http://tuxology.net/herzelinux

To get updates of club meeting by RSS: http://tinyurl.com/herzelinux

To get updates of club meeting via Google Calender:
http://tinyurl.com/Herzelinux-cal

To get updates the club meetings via iCal feed:
http://tinyurl.com/Herzelinux-ical

For Facebook lovers - join our group on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Herzliya-Israel/Herzelinux/10832254949

See you there,
Gilad

--