atomic operations under linux

Gilboa Davara gilboad at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 08:21:41 IST 2009

On Wed, 2009-12-09 at 20:04 +0200, Raz wrote:
> Do not use inline kernel atomic_t operation, you will violate GPL.
> Use gcc builtins. If you want information please refer to:
> http://sos-linux.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/sos-linux/offsched/Linux-Debug/
> and download linux-debug.pdf . You will few words on atomicity in user
> space in linux.
> Please execuse for bad editing, the paper is not complete.
>
> raz

Thanks.
While I was aware of the derived problem - I neglected to point it out.
Thanks.

At least in my case (and partially due to the derived work problem), I
simply wrote my own set of assembly functions that worked the same under
both Linux/BSD and Windows (under both user mode and kernel mode).

- Gilboa