Are there any DVB-T USB sticks that work with Linux and can be bought in Israel.

geoffrey mendelson geoffreymendelson at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 22:36:29 IST 2009

Now that it has become apparent that the Apex sticks, manufactured by
GeniaTech are not supported by Linux and probably won't be for a
while, has anyone found one that is supported and is sold here. The
problem with them is they have the device ID as the older ones which
are supported, but a different tuner chip.

These are the ones that are being sold for 99 NIS.

I looked today, and Linuxtv.org does not even note that they exist,
they only list the older ones. Ubuntu support has a discussion about
them, but no results.

GeniaTech's website points to articles that are two years old and says
they don't provide any Linux support to end users.

I know you can mail order them from Hong Kong, but I want to buy it
locally.

Thanks,

Geoff.

--