direct IO on fedora 11

guy keren choo at actcom.co.il
Sun Dec 13 20:00:25 IST 2009

when i said "deprecated" i didn't mean "does not exist any more". i
meant "you should start looking for replacements...". i don't know if
'raw' was removed from fedora 11 or not.

regarding iometer - the "stable" version from 2006 seems to support
O_DIRECT when accessing disks (as well as making the buffer's address
properly aligned) - so you should be ok using it. the 2008 rc2 version
doesn't seem to use O_DIRECT - no idea why. you might want to ask this
on the project's mailing list.

--guy