[SEMI-OFFTOPIC] eBook reader recommendations, anyone?

Omer Zak w1 at zak.co.il
Thu Dec 17 11:55:47 IST 2009

Tom,
Do you have anything to say about the other requirements listed by me?

The display size which I specified corresponds to an open book, in which
one can see two pages facing each other.

I envisioned the use case of having to read a book while referring to
something else (such as a dictionary or the Wikipedia) at the same time.

However, I can see your point - the above can be accomplished by
flipping windows.  The eBook reader would be required to be able to open
more than one book simultaneously and have a GUI to switch from an open
book to another open book.

--- Omer

On Thu, 2009-12-17 at 09:30 +0200, Tom Goren wrote:
> what is this fantastic device you have invented?
>
> 14-15 by 9-10 inches display?
>
> most ebook readers are much much smaller.
>
> perhaps you should take a look at
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_e-book_readers - there is a big
> matrix there comparing all features of most devices on the market.
>
> also, i think there is some mistake in your basic notion about ebook
> readers given your feature wishlist - since all devices today are
> designed as book replacements, not laptop replacements (two windows
> displaying different content side by side does not sound like
> something an ebook must do in my opinion) - and thus their size and
> features are appropriately set.

[... snipped ...]