Mobile to SIP solution (search for simple)

Boris shtrasman borissh1983 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 12:24:03 IST 2009

On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 11:54 AM, geoffrey mendelson <
geoffreymendelson at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Dec 22, 2009, at 9:57 AM, Boris shtrasman wrote:
>
> Howdy ,
>> I'm working on creating Mobile to SIP solution that can be used both on
>> Windows and Linux.
>> I'm talking about Asterisk level of solution ( I talked breifly with one
>> developer about connecting mobile phones as AT devices) but rather on an
>> application that can be used as a SIP client.
>>
>> Mobile is connected to a machine using some cable and software that
>> convert audio and messaging to plain old SIP.
>> This software connect to some sort of SIP router (in this case the Hamakor
>> SIP network that im working on).
>> Client (person) log into a SIP router , the router connect the software
>> (from the phone) to client software (AFAIK it close to SIP trunking but
>> rather then PBX connects as Client to provider , provider (mobile phone)
>> connects to PBX).
>>
>> My first option is PJsip based solution special thanks to Meni Livne about
>> showing my this Library, the problem as i see is the complexity of the next
>> development.
>> Does anyone familiar with close solutions ? (perhaps solutions that work
>> in that way).
>>
>> I also tried the using kmobiletools code base for communication (heavily
>> changed but this is my base).
>>

> Skuku does this already, has the agreements in place, etc. The downside is
> their product is Windows only, and costs money.
>
> It works really well though, you plug your SIM into a reader on your
> computer and all your calls are  connected in their country of origin and
> forwarded world wide via VoIP.
>
> While it won't be an open source or free product, maybe you could contact
> them and produce an *NIX (MacOS and Linux) version of their product for
> them.
>
> I'm a former R&D developer of Skuku ,
They doing something close but not the same since I can't tell more
(Licensing and Agreements).

--
geoffrey mendelson N3OWJ/4X1GM
Jerusalem Israel geoffreymendelson at gmail.com
New word I coined 12/13/09, "Sub-Wikipedia" adj, describing knowledge or
understanding, as in he has a sub-wikipedia understanding of the situation.
i.e possessing less facts or information than can be found in the Wikipedia.

-- Boris Shtrasman ------------
|Gnu/Linux Software developer   |
| IM       : boris at jabber.com   |
| URL      : myrtfm.blogspot.com|