"combined" printer and scanner for linux

Michael Vasiliev mycroft at yandex.ru
Sat Dec 26 22:11:11 IST 2009

On 23/12/2009 21:01, Oron Peled wrote:
> On Wednesday, 23 בDecember 2009 17:26:09 Michael Vasiliev wrote:
>
>> Not all HP MFT's are born equal. Mine is not partially supported in
>> linux (no scanning support by sane and no duplexing support by hplip)
>>
> Care to elaborate? (exact model, so others can avoid it).

HP Color LaserJet 1015 MFP. Apparently, model 1017 is the same
chassis/main PCB, but with more bells and whistles (LAN chip, color
screen, ability to read SD cards, etc). Now as I check, support on HPLIP
page says "Full". But I've yet to make it work, a quick check results in
xsane on latest ubuntu that can't connect with the scanner URI.

--
Sincerely yours,
Michael Vasiliev