need help with PHP open source class

Uri Even-Chen uri at speedy.net
Tue Dec 29 03:45:27 IST 2009

Hi,

I am using the PHPwhois class (
https://sourceforge.net/projects/phpwhois/ ) on my Speedy Whois
website ( http://www.speedywhois.net/ ).  My version of the class is 4
years old.  I checked and there are many bugs, some of them I reported
( https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=browse&group_id=31207&atid=401654
), and they also didn't release PHPwhois for more than a year.  I am
now looking for someone to help me fix the bugs and release the
PHPwhois class, and add it to my Speedy Whois release on sourceforge (
https://sourceforge.net/projects/speedywhois/ ).  The code has to be
rewritten, for example to avoid notices and warnings when using
undefined variables etc.  If one of you has some time, it would help
if you can download the files from the CVS on PHPwhois (they don't
release new tar.gz files), then check which bugs are not fixed and fix
them.  Then release PHPwhois - if they don't accept the release we can
fork the project.  And then release Speedy Whois with the bugs fixed.
My estimate of the work is up to 3 days, maybe even one day of work if
you're very good in programming.  I can help test and generate bugs,
but I'm not that good in object oriented programming.  I also don't
know how to download the files from CVS, if you let me know it can
help (I use Windows XP).

If you can help, please contact me.

by the way, there is also a problem with domain names registered at
godaddy - they don't return full whois results to my IP address.  Do
you have an idea how to overcome this?

Thanks,
Uri Even-Chen
Mobile Phone: +972-50-9007559