need help with PHP open source class

Omer Zak w1 at zak.co.il
Tue Dec 29 11:16:45 IST 2009

On Tue, 2009-12-29 at 10:42 +0200, Uri Even-Chen wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 9:54 AM, Meir Kriheli <meir at mksoft.co.il> wrote:
> > >
> > IMO PHP developers should be aware of PEAR [1] and use it when possible. The
> > repo includes a whois class called Net_Whois [2],  maintained - current
> > stable released last month (feature request).
> >
> > [1] http://pear.php.net/
> > [2] http://pear.php.net/package/Net_Whois
>
> Sorry, I'm not using PEAR.  If you can implement the same
> functionality using Net_Whois - I don't mind, but I don't want to
> install it myself.  The PHPwhois class is good, and returns good
> results for most domain names.

What are the reasons against using PEAR (besides, of course, having to
install additional packages in your development and deployment systems)?

                                                             --- Omer

--
"Kosher" Cellphones (cellphones with blocked SMS, video and Internet)
are menace to the deaf.  They must be outlawed!

I may be affiliated in any way.