sms via icq to cellcom

Hetz Ben Hamo hetzbh at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 15:35:48 IST 2009

Hi Sara,
I heard a rumor, that Cellcom contract with ICQ has ended and Cellcom didn't
renew their contract while Pelephone and Orange did. Again, it's just a
rumor I heard from someone.

I tried sending SMS using pidgin to my sister (she's a cellcom customer).
She didn't get the SMS.

Thanks,
Hetz

2009/12/31 sara fink <sara.fink at gmail.com>

> I created a new account and tried to send again to cellcom numbers (from
> windows) and it failed with the same error. Can someone confirm it happens
> the same in linux?
>
> Can someone call cellcom and ask what happened?
>
> On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 1:59 PM, sara fink <sara.fink at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I tried today to send sms to cellcom via icq (done in this case from a
>> windows machine) and it said
>> *SMS in Israel can only be sent to Orange and Pelephone.For more details
>> see* http://www.icq.com/sms
>>
>> It worked until yesterday just fine.
>>
>> I haven't tried with linux yet, because I am not near the computer with
>> the vicq script.
>>
>> Can anyone confirm if the problem persists in linux and/or windows?

my blog (hebrew): http://benhamo.org
Skype: heunique
MSN: hetz-blog at benhamo.org