sms via icq to cellcom

Hetz Ben Hamo hetzbh at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 17:44:28 IST 2009

Hi,
If you're using gmail, you can send SMS through there.
Go to the "labs" tab in your settings, and enable "Text Messaging (SMS) in
Chat" and "SMS in chat gadget".
Save it, and in your contacts you can add the people's phone number and send
an SMS to them (up to 50 chars). If they reply to you, you'll be credited
with 5 SMS credits (you can go up to 50).

Thanks,
Hetz

2009/12/31 sara fink <sara.fink at gmail.com>

> Thanks. I use vicq from command line all the time. But, it wont send to
> cellcom users.
>
> Are there any other creative solutions?
>
> Someone told me now that since icq is part of aol, and aol has financial
> problems and probably will be closed, this might be a reason. to close the
> service.
>
> Is it possible to send sms via gmail to cellcom, other services?
>

> On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 4:07 PM, Guy Sheffer <guysoft42 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Cellcom must have terminated their agreement with ICQ.
>> ICQ sends SMSs only to carriers that have a contract with them.
>>
>> Cellcom used to have one. I guess they decided its not worth it.
>>
>> BTW, you might like to have a look at a program I wrote for this:
>> http://smser.sourceforge.net/
>> It uses centerIM to let you send SMS via ICQ on the commandline.
>>
>> Guy
>> On Thu, 2009-12-31 at 15:26 +0200, sara fink wrote:
>> > I created a new account and tried to send again to cellcom numbers
>> > (from windows) and it failed with the same error. Can someone confirm
>> > it happens the same in linux?
>> >
>> > Can someone call cellcom and ask what happened?
>> >
>> > On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 1:59 PM, sara fink <sara.fink at gmail.com>
>> > wrote:
>> >         I tried today to send sms to cellcom via icq (done in this
>> >         case from a windows machine) and it said
>> >         SMS in Israel can only be sent to Orange and Pelephone.For
>> >         more details see http://www.icq.com/sms
>> >
>> >         It worked until yesterday just fine.
>> >
>> >         I haven't tried with linux yet, because I am not near the
>> >         computer with the vicq script.
>> >
>> >         Can anyone confirm if the problem persists in linux and/or
>> >         windows?

my blog (hebrew): http://benhamo.org
Skype: heunique
MSN: hetz-blog at benhamo.org