[YBA] TCP connection rate

Jonathan Ben Avraham yba at tkos.co.il
Mon Feb 2 12:29:22 IST 2009

Dear list members,
What limits the rate that the Linux kernel TCP stack can accept new
connections? How is that rate related to the rate that the application
listening on a port can handle the connections? That is, if I try to
connect and get ECONNREFUSED is there a way for me to know if I got it
because the kernel could not handle the connection rate or if I got it
because I had more connection attempts than the backlog parameter of my
listen() call? In other words, do I need to tune the kernel or the
application (MySQL) for the desired high connection rate and how would I
know?
TIA,

  - yba

--
  EE 77 7F 30 4A 64 2E C5  83 5F E7 49 A6 82 29 BA    ~. .~   Tk Open Systems
      - yba at tkos.co.il - tel: +972.2.679.5364, http://www.tkos.co.il -