Fw: Re: PAC 207 Webcam

Moshe Brace using Yahoo mbrace700 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Feb 2 19:33:42 IST 2009

[root at localhost ~]# lsusb

Bus 008 Device 002: ID 03eb:3301 Atmel Corp. at433301 4-port Hub

Bus 008 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001

Bus 002 Device 002: ID 04a9:2216 Canon, Inc. Canoscan3200F

Bus 002 Device 005: ID 1307:0165 Transcend Information, Inc.

Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002

Bus 007 Device 002: ID 093a:2468 Pixart Imaging, Inc. Easy Snap Snake Eye Webcam

Bus 007 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001

Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001

Bus 006 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001

Bus 005 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001

Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001

Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001

[root at localhost ~]#

ok its uses gspca...now the k 2.6.28 series has better support so I suggest you try installing that.

next you are on a Mdv so use MCC to install libv4l-0

then

	Code:
	LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libv4l/v4l1compat.so camorama
LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libv4l/v4l1compat.so
change camorama to skype or whatever you are using.

this is because the kernel is up to date but the applications don't yet know how to handle it without help.

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-hardware-18/pac-207-webcam-701306/#post3428781

[root at localhost ~]# LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libv4l/v4lcompat.so skype

ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/lib/libv4l/v4lcompat.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded:

ALSA lib pcm.c:2202snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM card.pcm.hdmi

ALSA lib pcm.c:2202snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM card.pcm.hdmi

ALSA lib pcm.c:2202snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM card.pcm.hdmi

ALSA lib pcm.c:2202snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM card.pcm.hdmi

ALSA lib pcm.c:2202snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM card.pcm.hdmi

ALSA lib pcm.c:2202snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM card.pcm.hdmi

What happens is before I can type the second line

LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libv4l/v4lcompat.so

Skype appears on the screen but the camera is test shows now Green speckles in the video area after enabling video.
With the programme Ekiga the camera shows a picture although the colour is not correct, Skype with enabled
video now shows green only!

With the programme Ekiga the camera works fine although the colour is not correct, but Skype with enabled video now shows green only!

Can anyone recommend a Webcam that will work with Skype? Or is there a VOIP programme that will work with the Camera besides Ekiga?
Distro: Mandriva 2009.0 Gnome Desktop latest version.
Moshe