[offtopic] Government and technology

Ira Abramov Lists-Linux-IL at ira.abramov.org
Fri Feb 6 23:42:54 IST 2009

Howdie people!

This is not directly connected to FOSS, but it's something many of you
may be worried about like me.

I have recently helped one party add a technology chapter to their
platform, not before I made sure they understand the issues and their
importance. In fact they liked some of the ideas I raised so much I might be
sitting down with them to prepare a bill or two on the matter, and start
moving this forward to make a few laws that will protect the citizens on
Israel from rights' violations, make the government more accountable and
transparent, reform the education system and on the way maybe solve a
few other things. Free Software is ofcourse a part of the
infrastructures proposed.

I'm looking for a few proactive people to help me out with reviews and
ideas, please reply off list if you care to jump in!

Oh, and just so this remains slightly on-topic, I am enjoying the nice,
round number of uptime days on my server, so I'll share it with you:
 23:40:21 up 512 days,  9:49,  2 users,  load average: 0.89, 0.83, 1.11
(it's the curse and the blessing of working with Debian "stable" :-)

Thanks in advance,
Ira.

--
King of the house