Hebew in Fedora 10.

Oron Peled oron at actcom.co.il
Sat Feb 7 23:05:00 IST 2009

On Saturday, 7 בFebruary 2009, Dvir Volk wrote:
> 1. it's a bit confusing - kde-i18-hebrew is the *KDE3* package for
> some reason.
> you should yum install  kde-l10n-Hebrew for kde4 suuport. i tested it
> just now and it works fine.

Hebrew didn't make it into KDE-4.1.x, as Diego chose (correctly IMO)
to focus the limited time of the KDE Hebrew team towards having a
better translated KDE-4.2

> 2. i also recommend upgrading to kde 4.2, you have a repository for
> that here:
> http://kde-redhat.sourceforge.net/ (follow the YUM section for
> instructions, and enable the kde-testing repo)
> it's much much better than what the distro comes with, finally i'm
> back to KDE and it's usable again!

The Fedora KDE team is heavily testing and bug-fixing KDE-4.2 for
the release. In about a week it should land in the official
repositories (which means you would get it if you simply yum update
your system).

The kde-redhat release are good if:
 - You are in a hurry and need it NOW.
 - Or you want to help debug it (in that case it may be better to
   use the live-cd/DOK spin the team produced --
      http://rdieter.fedorapeople.org/torrents/
   without risking your production system)
 - Or you were using a slowly updating distribution such as RHEL or Centos.

Personally, I'm waiting a week or so (Laziness...)

--
Oron Peled                                 Voice: +972-4-8228492
Protect your digital freedom and privacy, eliminate DRM, learn more at