Hebew in Fedora 10.

Gilboa Davara gilboad at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 18:57:30 IST 2009

On Sun, 2009-02-08 at 13:24 +0200, Dvir Volk wrote:

> btw, are you sure someone with FC10 will just get kde 4.2 if they
> update their system?

Yes.
KDE 4.2 has already pushed to updates-testing; I'd assume it'll land in
-updates in mid-next-week.
(P.S. I'm using KDE 4.2 on a number of workstation (from
KDE-RedHat/testing) and it seems to be stable.)

> isn't this against the usual distro version policy? or is kde 4.1 so
> bad they're going to make an exception?

Nope.
Version upgrade decisions (Beyond, say, GCC, glibc and GNOME) are at the
hands of the package maintainer.

- Gilboa