OFFTOPIC: Re: Hebrew spam: what to do about it?

Amit Aronovitch aronovitch at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 00:57:24 IST 2009

According to a couple of recent Hebrew spams that I got, there's a loophole
allowing ONE spam message per spammer per email address. They say that the
law allows sending one message if it is an offer for registration to a
publicity list (they can't send you more if you do not respond), so
basically if the message contains some link saying "go here to get more such
offers", you'd have to collect at least two different spams from the same
publisher in order to sue.

I did not read the law so I do not know if this is true or not (I did read
the spams, because they had an angry/offended tone, which was amusing).

- Amit