what's a reliable, easy to use slide show presenter?

Micha Feigin michf at post.tau.ac.il
Thu Feb 12 16:52:47 IST 2009

On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 20:21:07 -0800
Michael Shiloh <michaelshiloh1010 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Micha Feigin wrote:
> > On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 09:53:30 -0800
> > Michael Shiloh <michaelshiloh1010 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> >> Big Lesson:
> >> Big lesson learned: It took us a long time to get the projector to
> >> display from my laptop. It took a combination of the screen resolution
> >> applet, the Thinkpad Fn buttons, and rebooting, and truthfully, I'm not
> >> sure exactly what did it. We finally got it to work mirroring my laptop
> >> screen, so I didn't have any secrets - whatever I typed was in front of
> >> the audience. This actually was amusing because I opened a terminal to
> >> invoke kuickshow. Later someone from the audience came up and said "Wow,
> >> you do robots, fire, and command line. Really cool." (The talk was about
> >> machine art.)
> >>

> > What thinkpad  and what graphics card?
> >

> T60
>
> Mobile 945GM/GMS/GME, 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller
> (from lshw)

I was given this link now on the linux-thinkpad group
http://intellinuxgraphics.org/dualhead.html
Several people reported using mirrored desktops dynamically. Also dual screen,
but apparently dri fails if the virtual desktop is more than 2048x2048 so you
may have a problem with videos and 3d when using dual desktops.