אזהרה: נטוויזן

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 00:32:39 IST 2009

Well aware of Netvision's excellent reputation in Israel, I switched
from Bezeq Beinleumi to Netvision when I switched my infrastructure
from cables (Hot) to ADSL (Bezeq). What a terrible mistake. During the
time of Bezeq's "great outage" on Tuesday and Wednesday, Netvision
refused to check and diagnose a problem with my connection even though
it was obvious from the symptoms that the problem was with the ISP,
not the infrastructure. In fact, I had to go back to Bezeq Beinleumi,
which connected me immediately, even giving me a temporary username
and password while my official account was switched from cables to
ADSL. I could surf perfectly in Bezeq Beinleumi, and could not even
connect with Netvision. Still, at Netvision they insisted that the
problem was with Bezeq and refused to even look into the problem. Now,
when I am trying to get out of my one-year contract with Netvision
because I had to sign a new one-year contract with a company that is
actually interested in providing to me service, they are not releasing
me from my contract. They would rather hold me prisoner as a customer
who neither wants nor needs their service, then let me go. So now they
loose not only me as a customer, but also any words of praise that I
may have otherwise had for the company. They found it right to remove
from themselves the responsibility to check my service, but do not
find it right to remove my responsibility to remain with them.

I must say that while Bezeq Beinleumi has and may still have a bad
reputation, I have found them professional and very willing to help.
They have had Linux support people on staff the two times that I
called asking about this, and Netvision has promised me that a Linux
tech will get back to me when he gets on duty (he apparently never
did). I can only assume that the assimilation of Actcom into Bezeq
Beinleumi made the difference.

So when you are looking for an ISP, I suggest that you look into Bezeq
Beinleumi and simply pass up on Netvision. A good reputation they may
have, but they are resting on it rather than earning it day by day.
That, and Bezeq Beinleumi has come so far now, with excellent Linux
support and helpful techs.

Just to save you some research, these are the prices for each company
for one month's service (I researched this yesterday when I was
looking to switch from Netvision):

Netvision:
1.5 mbs: 39 NIS
2.5 mbs: 49 NIS
4.0 mbs: 79 NIS

Bezeq Beinleumi:
1.5 mbs: 39 NIS
2.5 mbs: 49 NIS
4.0 mbs: 65 NIS

012:
1.5 mbs: 39 NIS
2.5 mbs: 55 NIS
4.0 mbs: 79 NIS (ADSL only, no cables for 4.0)

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

ا-ب-ت-ث-ج-ح-خ-د-ذ-ر-ز-س-ش-ص-ض-ط-ظ-ع-غ-ف-ق-ك-ل-م-ن-ه‍-و-ي
А-Б-В-Г-Д-Е-Ё-Ж-З-И-Й-К-Л-М-Н-О-П-Р-С-Т-У-Ф-Х-Ц-Ч-Ш-Щ-Ъ-Ы-Ь-Э-Ю-Я
ä-ö-ü-ß-Ä-Ö-Ü