Setting up a PBX for Israel<->US communication

Amos Shapira amos.shapira at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 23:08:39 IST 2009

2009/2/14 Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir at cohens.org.il>:
> On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 02:01:26PM +1100, Amos Shapira wrote:
>> 2009/2/13 Ori Berger <linux-il at orib.net>:
>> > Does that include the zaptel "ztdummy" server required for MeetMe and
>> > MusicOnHold? I couldn't get it to work; I don't really need it either, but
>> > it would be nice to have.
>>
>> I compiled the zaptel package without a problem but didn't install it.
>
> Which specific Zaptel package?

I followed the instructions from
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/CentOS+5+and+Asterisk+1.4.x+installation
which points to
http://downloads.digium.com/pub/zaptel/zaptel-1.4-current.tar.gz

> Zaptel/DAHDI are not getting into Fedora because of RH's position
> regarding out-of-tree modules. As a result, there's not even single
> naming convention for packages of Zaptel and Zaptel modules. Quite a
> number of the existing ones are rather broken.

Are you refering to Zaptel RPM packages? I compiled from source.

I generally try to avoid installing just any rpm out there in the wild.

--Amos