??????????: ??????????????

Micha Feigin michf at post.tau.ac.il
Sat Feb 14 22:01:57 IST 2009

On Sat, 14 Feb 2009 19:49:56 +0200
Dotan Cohen <dotancohen at gmail.com> wrote:

> > MY neighbor is having serious disconnect problems with her ADSL, problem is
> > that she knows very little about computers. They checked the lines, the guy
> > tried to convince me over the phone that it's because her machine is
> > connected wirelessly to the router (no idea why the bezeq tech did that).
> > Then they said that the modem needs to be replaced (the ADSL light kept
> > going out). Don't know if she did that though. Could be the same problem
> > with you, although in this case we are talking a disconnect every five
> > minutes or so.
> >

> I am connected with a AT5 cable, same symptom: disconnects every few
> minutes. What ISP does she have?

The wireless stuff is to say that the support was useless. It can't be
that wireless disconnects with the router are causing the modem to loose atm
connection. It's either a bad line or a bad modem. AFAIK we have a switchboard
in our village so it shouldn't be a distance problem, could be bad wiring
outside the house but the test they ran showed a good connection, so my guess
is a bad modem. I'm on cable so I can't bring another modem to test (although
that is an idea, maybe I can borrow from a different neighbour).

See if you have someone to borrow a modem from to make sure that it is not the
modem. What are the simptoms that you are seeing. Is the atm constantly on or
does it go out. The moment it disconnects, does attempting to reconnect works
or does it take some time.

I can't recall the ISP at the moment (I think that it was either barak or
bezeq int.), my talk was with bezeq, not the ISP.