How You Can Help the Tel Aviv Open Source Club

Gilad Ben-Yossef gilad at codefidence.com
Mon Feb 16 13:41:45 IST 2009

Shlomi,

Shlomi Fish wrote:

> Yesterday we held a meeting where Zvi Devir gave his "Windows Refund HOWTO",
> which was an interesting presentation about a widely-discussed topic, that
> received a lot of publicity. I publicised this meeting on several mailing
> lists, as well as on whatsup, linmagazine, and other forums. We also have some
> feeds, and a Google calendar for the events (also in iCal format) if people
> wish to subscribe to them exclusively.
>
> However, despite all that, only 5-6 people (including the presenter and me)
> came to hear the talk. The question is why?

Please don't take it so hard. It's just normal artifact of a club
meeting that requires no RSVP.

In Herzelinux we've just had two very interesting lectures, one three
weeks after the other:  6 people showed up to the first and over 25 to
the second (we ran out of chairs in the room...). It just depends on a
bazillion things going on in people's life. Maybe there was a good
soccer match yesterday :-)

I'd suggest adding an RSVP option to meetings and only doing the meeting
if enough people RSVP but I sort of doubt that this will work...

Gilad

--
Gilad Ben-Yossef
Chief Coffee Drinker

Codefidence Ltd.
The code is free, your time isn't.(TM)

Web:    http://codefidence.com
Email:  gilad at codefidence.com
Office: +972-8-9316883 ext. 201
Fax:    +972-8-9316885
Mobile: +972-52-8260388

	The Doctor: Don't worry, Reinette, just a nightmare.
	Everyone has nightmares. Even monsters from under the
	bed have nightmares, don't you, monster?
	Reinette: What do monsters have nightmares about?
	The Doctor: Me!