How You Can Help the Tel Aviv Open Source Club

Shlomi Fish shlomif at iglu.org.il
Mon Feb 16 15:32:51 IST 2009

On Monday 16 February 2009 13:47:35 Tomer Cohen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have found that people intend to subscribe to mailing lists more than to
> read RSS or visit some websites every few days. Unless you are going to
> advertise the lectures in sites such as Slashdot, I think most of the
> audience would prefer a mailing list, open for announcements only, and will
> advertise every single talk, on every subject, by every local user group
> all over to country. If things will go well this way, you may be able to
> use more advanced methods (such as a Wordpress installation with categories
> feed) in the future.

Sounds like a good suggestion. Shachar (CCed to this message) - may you please
set up an events at hamakor.org.il mailing list, making it restricted to posts
only by admins (and/or a selected group of email addresses), without a reply-
to-address, and making me an admin capable of making other people able to
post?

I should also note that my request to have a new mailing list for the people
who administer the web-sites and other infrastructure (which you agreed to) is
long overdue.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

Understand what Open Source is - http://xrl.us/bjn82

<mauke>    I'm not interested in what you're doing; what are you trying to
           achieve?
<PerlJam>  mauke: I'm trying to achieve world peace and this regex is
           the last thing standing in my way! ;)