Linux experts do not want to be bothered with newbie questions! (was: Re: No noobs?)

Omer Zak w1 at zak.co.il
Tue Feb 17 01:32:46 IST 2009

The split between Linux-IL and gnubies-il was made in order to spare the
Linux experts from having to waste their time deleting newbie questions.
Before the split was made, newbie questions caused flame wars and people
to leave Linux-IL altogether.

I strongly oppose re-unifying them.

However, I propose an alternative solution.
My proposed solution to the problem is to have the Linux-IL old timers
volunteer to field gnubies-il questions, according to a schedule.

I volunteer to field gnubies-il questions sent on Mondays between
00:00-11:59, with response time of 24 hours.  However, I do not want to
be overwhelmed with gnubies-il messages sent at other times.  Other
volunteers, please choose your convenient times (even if they overlap
mine) for volunteering.

Can the gnubies-il administrator/s arrange time/schedule based
subscriptions for volunteers, so that the volunteers will receive only
messages sent at certain times?  Contact me privately if you need help
adding this feature to the mailing list management software being used.

                                      --- Omer

--
May the holy trinity of  $_, @_ and %_ be hallowed.

I may be affiliated in any way.