Sattelite TV and linux (not neccesarily "YES")

Erez D erez0001 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 15:17:30 IST 2009

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 1:43 PM, Geoffrey S. Mendelson <gsm at mendelson.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 01:17:35PM +0200, Erez D wrote:
>
>> hi
>>
>> After a Few Years of receiving TV via satellite from many parts of the
>> world, (using linux of course)
>> I was think of giving a presentation of "sattelite TV and linux"
>>
>> do you think people will be interested ?
>>

> If it were in English and in Jerusalem.

I live in tel aviv, and currently work in herzeliya so it will probably be
herzlinux/telux

about english, that ok with me, but depends on the audiance.
(the presentation will be in english anyway)

> If it was "How to receive sattelite TV, what you get, and how to use
> Linux to get it",

This is a too-long of title, but it is covered. (along with any other
practical/technical issue. again depending on the audiance requests)

> you would have a lot more people come. There is a big
> market here for private satellite dishes, unfortunately it is served
> by people who sell receivers that "download" the decryption codes over
> the Internet (signal piracy).

yeah, i know. there are also FTA (Free To Air) channels, and one can buy
legal-subscriptions from parties other than "yes".
I'll cover that also.