(off thread topic) Linux-il as the source for obscure answers

Shachar Shemesh shachar at shemesh.biz
Thu Feb 19 13:01:12 IST 2009

Dotan Cohen wrote:

> That is consistent with what the anti-noobs have been saying on the
> list. However, if so then it should be stated on the signup page:
> If you googled and RTFM first, ask here: linux-il@~
> If you did not google or RTFM first, ask here: gnubiesl@~

I should point out an interesting point. Whenever I try to STFW a
somewhat obscure general question (i.e. - a "how to" rather than "what
is" or "why" question. How to do something vs. What does this error
message mean or why does this happen), Linux-IL more often than one
would expect pops up high in the results list. It seems there aren't
many general lists for consulting about high level technical questions.

Which begs the following question: How many people on this list are here
with no connection to the "IL" part of the list?

Shachar