pluginserver.ex

Shlomo Solomon shlomo.solomon at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 05:33:24 IST 2009

In the latest update of my Mandriva 2008.1 box, I moved from Firefox 2.0.0.16
to 3.0.6. Everything seems OK, but I noticed that when I run Firefox, an
additional process starts - plugserver.ex. This process is a VERY heavy CPU
user and I don't know what it is or where it comes from (although I Googled
and didn't find anything). Killing the process doesn't seem to do any damage
(firefox still runs), but the next time I start Firefox, the pluginserver.ex
process is back.

Has anyone else seen this and/or know what it's all about?

--
Shlomo Solomon
http://the-solomons.net