(A bit off-topic) chess via Skype in Linux. was: Re: Skype sound problems

Dvir Volk dvirsky at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 17:40:53 IST 2009

Skype extras (plugins) are AFAIK platform specific.
While skype for linux does support them, from what I see on their
site, the list for linux is pretty lame:
https://extras.skype.com/categories/19/good
>From looking at the source of one of them, they seem to be written in
C++ using Qt, which actually means that porting an existing Qt based
chess game to skype shouldn't be that hard.
But AFAIK the windows stuff is not written using Qt, meaning porting a
windows extra to Linux is not trivial, if the source is even
available. CMIIW.