Setting up a PBX for Israel<->US communication

Amos Shapira amos.shapira at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 12:45:28 IST 2009

2009/2/26 Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir at cohens.org.il>:
>> But I'm actually stuck at a more basic stage - I can't get incoming
>> audio on any of the software SIP clients I tried on my Ubuntu (8.10,
>> i386). I tried Twinkle (recommended here for its better logging),
>> Ekiga and Gizmo.
>
> Let's start with something simpler: a call between the phone and
> Asterisk itself: an echo test, playback, voicemail extension, or
> whatever.

That's exactly what I tried.

I don't know how to configure asterisk to have a simple echo test working.

Just a few minutes ago I called ekiga.net from Twinkle and for the
first time I heard the instructions played by the echo test (I
couldn't get even Ekiga itself to do that). But they are VERY chopy.
Probably wrong audio device but only ALSA/default is accepted by
Twinkle (not "pulse") option.

Do you have a simple asterisk echo test setup I can use? And how to
configure Twinkle to connect to such a server?

--Amos