Fwd: Re: Linux for an association I work for.

Shlomi Fish shlomif at iglu.org.il
Sat Feb 28 20:32:28 IST 2009

Forwarding, as this seems to be Moshe's intention.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

Subject: Re: Linux for an association I work for.
Date: Saturday 28 February 2009
From: Moshe Brace using Yahoo <mbrace700 at yahoo.co.uk>
To: Shlomi Fish <shlomif at iglu.org.il>

Shavuah Tov,
Too much Chollent on Shabbat affects spelling and grammar!

I read an article in Readers Digest on Linus Torvald, as they say in Hebrew
Kol HaKavod what ever his intentions were. Not many of us could do what he
did: He took on the giant Microsoft. Is Linux winning over Windows, the Jury
is still out on that one, and it will be for some time yet. Is Linux easy for
the beginner not really as I have found out. The beginner has the fear of dual
booting and wonders what will happen if the damn computer won't boot?

More than once I've had to use the Windows recovery repair console to Fixboot
and Fixmbr, then because of dual booting to either Windows or Linux use a nice
little disk I have downloaded called SuperGrub. This little floppy in the A:\
drive automatically repairs GRUB. It finds which Linux and Windows is where
and does the necessary. If anyone wants it I will upload it.

With regards to Skype the picture showed up correctly once then didn't show up
correctly in the preview next time around with the
LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libv4l1/compat.so skype

I thought maybe an alternative like Yachi would work the Webcam, no this
programme doesn't either.

Moshe