strace -e open

Shlomi Fish shlomif at iglu.org.il
Sat Feb 28 21:08:35 IST 2009

On Saturday 28 February 2009 20:47:57 Moshe Brace using Yahoo wrote:
> Shavuah Tov,
> Firstly I really appreciate all the help that you all are giving to me, and
> I am sure that I am driving someone crazy.
>
> Shlomi you have the patience of a Saint!
>
> Now I tried to do as you asked:
>
> [root at localhost ~]# strace -e open
> bash: strace: command not found
> [root at localhost ~]# open strace -e
> open: invalid option -- 'e'
> Usage: open [-c vtnumer ] [-l] [-u] [-s] [-v] -- command_line
> [root at localhost ~]#

You need to do "urpmi strace" (as root) first. (Or use rpmdrake to install it
graphically).

Then run:

LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libv4l/v4l1compat.so strace -e open skype

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

Understand what Open Source is - http://xrl.us/bjn82

<mauke>    I'm not interested in what you're doing; what are you trying to
           achieve?
<PerlJam>  mauke: I'm trying to achieve world peace and this regex is
           the last thing standing in my way! ;)