Article one in a series about BiDi programming

Shachar Shemesh shachar at shemesh.biz
Mon Jul 6 16:51:38 IDT 2009

Hi all,

I just published article 1 in a series about programming considerations
for BiDi. This one is titled "introduction", and covers only background.
Terminology, basic algorithms, and so on. I'm hoping to soon publish
some more (currently working on common pitfalls).

I think this series will be mostly useful for non-Hebrew speakers who
want to produce support (i18n) for BiDi languages, but I am planning at
least one article about l10n, which is what translators should read.

The article itself can be found at
http://www.lingnu.com/en/programming/57-bidi-aware-programming-introduction.html,
and as it aims at non-Hebrew speakers, it is obviously in English.

Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh
Lingnu Open Source Consulting Ltd.