Why it is not possible to stream 106fm with a player different from Amarok or Rythminbox

Julian Daich julianlx at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 13:39:22 IDT 2009

Hi All,

I live abroad and often use to listen 106fm from the following link
http://switch3.castup.net/cunet/gm.asp?format=wm&ak=42191714&ClipMediaID=20853
The issue is that prefer to play the stream from a media player rather
than from  the page 106fm.co.il and the only players that seems to
work are Amarok and Rythmbox.

I have lighweight desktops envirments in my laptops and don´t want to
use the media players from above. I tryed with Exaile, Audacious and
Xfmedia but any of these players cannot play the mentioned stream.
Somebody knows the reason why?

Julian

--
Julian