Refactoring a mailing list policy to eliminate a special case (was: Re: Second article about BiDi programming, and last announcement to this list)

Shachar Shemesh shachar at shemesh.biz
Wed Jul 15 17:19:22 IDT 2009

Omer Zak wrote:

>  I suggest that Shachar add a RSS feed which
> publishes links to the BiDi programming articles.  This is why RSS was
> conceived in the first place.

Already did at the email that started this thread. If you missed it,
it's http://www.lingnu.com/programming.feed?type=rss for RSS and
http://www.lingnu.com/programming.feed?type=atom for atom (would anyone
care to explain the difference between the two?). They are also
published on the main articles page
(http://www.lingnu.com/en/programming.html) in the standard way. At
least on Firefox, all you have to do in order to get them is click the
RSS logo at the address bar.

> Then Shachar is to link to the RSS feed in his .signature and Linux-IL
> will be spam-free to the strictest definition of span.

It can be spam free by mere me not sending any more announcements (at
least on this series). The signature idea is interesting, and I'll think
of it, but, frankly, I'm in the process of moving all sorts of goodies
into the Lingnu site (some new, some already published elsewhere), so I
generally recommend checking it out once in a while anyways, and that
already has a link in my signature.... :-)
> Last time I checked the articles, I found no link to a RSS feed
> specializing in those articles.

It's published in the HTML meta tags, as per the standard. If your
browser does not display them, then it's your browser's fault. Like I
said, Firefox displays the RSS icon in the right corner of the address
bar. Clicking it gives the actual URL, so you can subscribe Firefox to
it, or copy it into your standard RSS reader.
>                                           --- Omer

Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh