Looking for advice about selecting hardware for graphics and data visualization

Omer Zak w1 at zak.co.il
Fri Jul 24 06:57:19 IDT 2009

I am looking for advice about selecting motherboard and graphic card/s
for a new PC which I plan to acquire; and about suppliers available to
Israelis (whereas in Israel or abroad).

My requirement for the new PC is that it is to render quickly graphics
and data visualizations of large data sets, and to run under Linux with
as little non-Free software as possible.  Ability to number-crunch would
be nice, as well.

The budget allows me to afford an high-end system (but not a
supercomputer).

If you have experience in the above, please write to the mailing list or
contact me in private.

                                                        --- Omer
--
We will only have peace with the Arabs when they love their children
more than they hate us.

I may be affiliated in any way.