[TelFOSS] Announcement: "Programming Red Flags" on 21-June-2009

Shlomi Fish shlomif at iglu.org.il
Tue Jun 2 18:08:08 IDT 2009

Hi all!

The Tel Aviv Open Source Club invites everyone to a talk by Yaron Meiry
(Sawyer) about "Programming Red Flags" - on Sunday, 21-June-2009

The meeting will take place at Tel Aviv University, at the Schreiber Maths&CS
building, room 008 on 18:30. So mark your calendars. More information can
be found at:

* http://www.cs.tau.ac.il/telux/

* http://wiki.osdc.org.il/index.php/Tel_Aviv_Meeting_on_21_June_2009

Attendance is free and everyone are welcome.

With any other problems, feel free to contact me:

http://www.shlomifish.org/me/contact-me/

Abstract:
---------

Some programming habits should be avoided at all costs; some should be
considered with care and some are just divine. Red flags tell us what to try
and avoid and what to inspect more closely. They are a sign of code that might
become problematic or straightforwardly dangerous. The talk will be Perl-
oriented (with Perl examples) but the programming practices are generic and
can be applied to most programming languages, so if you program in Ruby,
Python, PHP or other languages, this talks to you as well.

Hopefully by the time we're done, you'll be able to write cleaner, more
maintainable, less error-prone, and better code. If not, your money back
guarantee!

We are always looking for presentations on interesting topics. If you have an
interesting idea for a talk, feel free to contact us and we'll co-ordinate a
date.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

Understand what Open Source is - http://xrl.us/bjn82