As an employer what type of project (Engineering) you would like to see ?

guy keren choo at actcom.co.il
Thu Jun 11 00:35:11 IDT 2009

most companies will prefer that you do a _successful_ project - i.e.
that you'll get, eventually, something that does what you planned to do,
or that will make some kind of (even the tiniest) break-through.
however, achieving this in a research project is not very likely.

when people here said "learn something new", they did not mean "invent
something new" - they meant "learn something that is new for _you_".

there is a common mistake for undergraduate students (as well as for
many graduate students) that they will make something grand with their
projects. only very few of them manage to do that (and those people will
most likely have no problem getting a job, going to graduate school or
whatever). if you have such aspirations - do try to achieve them - but
you should not to it "to get a better job" - you should do it because
you have an internal drive for that kind of work.

--guy