OT: Help with simple Linux maintenance

Gal Goldschmidt gal at cs.haifa.ac.il
Sun Jun 14 23:46:38 IDT 2009

Hi,

A friend of mine is looking for basic Linux support at the Safed area.
It is hard for me to drive there for personal reasons.

She has a Linux laptop fully functional with Kbuntu 9.04.
It is connected via Ethernet to a cable modem.
The cable modem is working and the computer receives a cable IP .

She has a Netvision account and the connect script was tested with a cable
modem at my place and it worked.
The script also worked when every command is cut, paste and executed in a root
shell.
But, running the script with sudo yield nothing.

She is willing to pay for your time if you can get the script to work an be on
call when events like this pop up.

Please answer to me directly and not to the mailing list.

Thank You,
Gal