OT: Help with simple Linux maintenance

Gal Goldschmidt gal at cs.haifa.ac.il
Tue Jun 16 02:44:01 IDT 2009

Hi Oleg,

We tried to get a direct connection without a dialer, when we
opened the account for her.
Netvision although a few months after the merge with Barak, refused to give a
"Barak" account with no dialer.
I have a "Barak" account, no dialer, but they are not giving it any more ( the
last time I checked)
From time to time I get blocked, especially if I switch the hardware connected
to the modem. Then I suppose to be automatically redirected  to some portal to
give my user and password. The last time It happened, I did not get redirected
and I had to call the support team to find out what is going on.
Only after we threaten to disconnect, we got a call form a Linux support guy,
he gave me the "portal" direct URL.
To all "Barak" DHCP cable users, if you get a real IP and you can ping your
gateway, but nothing else, use this URL:
https://212.150.75.203:38181/barakportal/

I guess I can buy a router, configure it and sent it to her, the problem is
who will connect the right cables in the right place.

Gal