OT: Help with simple Linux maintenance

Leonid Podolny leonidp.lists at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 12:27:43 IDT 2009

Dotan Cohen wrote:
>All they did
> was take my money, and when I could not connect for three days they
> refused to help me. After three days I had to sign up with another ISP
> just to get an internet connection, and Netvision refues to let me out
> of my one-year contract with them.

IANAL and such, but there is a law that says that you can cancel a
service up to the point that they started actually giving you this service.
I experienced it at the very similar situation some years ago: I
switched ISPs (012 to Actcom, I think) because the former one wouldn't
give the DHCP connection. Some days after a representative from 012
called me and promised that I will receive my DHCP connection and
assured me that Actcom don't have grounds to keep me. So I called Actcom
and cancelled the subscription.
In your case I would call their bluff, send them a fax or a snail-mail
letter that you are not interested in their services and have the credit
company stop paying them. Again, all the usual precautions apply, IANAL,
IMMV, I'm not responsible for the damage, etc.