High availability virtual ip

Itay Donenhirsch itay at bazoo.org
Tue Jun 23 09:01:39 IDT 2009

Hi Folks,

I would recommend not using Linux-HA for any means. I had very bitter
experience with it. It is implemented in a very complicated and hard
to debug and configure. It's also very poorly tested. I first didn't
believe it myself and thought I was doing something wrong, but after
some email exchanges with its developer it became apparent that it
fails some very basic scenarios (like switch power-down for instance).
Moreover, the linux-ha people themselves will confuse you with which
version to use (2.99/2.1.4, heartbeat or pacemaker, etc).

If you'd like more detailed explanation, or had different experience,
you are more than welcome to email me.

Itay