Linux-HA [Was: High availability virtual ip]

Amos Shapira amos.shapira at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 14:13:49 IDT 2009

2009/6/24 Oleg Goldshmidt <pub at goldshmidt.org>:
> 3) Allow me to take the claims of "too steep learning curve" with a
> grain of salt. The last time I recall (a year, maybe less, ago) it
> took a *competent* person a few hours from "never heard of Linux-HA"
> to reading the docs, installing and configuring it, integrating it
> with a very non-trivial server application, verifying in the lab,
> demoing live that it works, and being very satisfied the experience.
> This included IP address HA, uninterrupted client sessions through
> failover, live replication of configuration changes, contiguous
> real-time management of a complicated network infrastructure through
> failover, etc.

I wonder - was it with the more advanced stuff or the simpler haresources?

haresources is indeed trivial, the other thing just didn't work
(CentOS 5, x86_64, xen 3.0.x guests, doing VIP for the simplest test
case but haresources is used in production for drbd, databases, http
servers, vip's, LVS, monitoring stuff (collectd, monit), and
home-grown software).

If you have a pointer to GOOD documentation/tutorial about the cib and
friends then I'd love to see it.

Thanks,

--Amos